Computer Software Engineer
Electro Optical Industries (EOI), an HGH company, is currently looking to add a Computer Software Engineer to our growing team. This position is located in Goleta, California, USA.
HGH specializes in the design and manufacture of photonics test equipment, optical metrology products, infrared surveillance cameras and thermal imaging cameras. HGH has been rewarded many times for its innovation, and is currently experiencing strong growth, particularly with our Panoramic Surveillance Cameras and our Optical Test and Measurement products.
Developing firmware and software for EOI and HGH products. Firmware responsibilities will include defining software architecture and programming, while software responsibilities include user interface design and measurement and control software.
- Firmware development of EOI controllers. The controllers utilize real-time closed loop feedback to maintain performance. There are substantial innovative algorithms for embedded image and data analysis.
- Defined the software architecture for new product developments
- Create support for Standard Communication interfaces and development of test code
- Motion control for automation
- Participate in hardware development for digital aspects of our products.
- Provide support to manufacturing during the introduction of new products and maintenance of existing product lines, troubleshoot problems with existing products as needed
- Generate comprehensive test plans, execute the test plans, and create detailed reports with conclusions. Creation and execution of test plans includes the abilities to design experiments, select test equipment, design fixtures, and integrate pieces that will validate that design intent is achieved.
- Proficient in Python and C++ required, and operating systems such as Linux, Windows and DOS. Proficiency in C# is a plus.
- Ability to understand electronics schematics for interfacing at the board and chip level, FPGA experience would be a plus
- Ability to synthesize customer requirements, specifications and input from other engineers into product performance that meets or exceeds the design goals.
- Driven to ensure development tasks are completed thoroughly and on time
- Ability to troubleshoot Firmware, Software and Hardware, with examples of demonstrating this skill in prior positions
- Ability to understand the products at the system/customer level.
- Proficient with MS Office Tools (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experienced at analyzing data and developing testable theories and conclusions
- Must possess a sense of team work, respect for otherâs efforts and a âcan-do attitudeâ
- Exhibit proactive attitude towards upholding quality standards, with a drive for continuous improvement and a dedication to providing customer satisfaction
- Bachelorâs degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
Contact : email@example.com